Thursday, November 6, 2008

What is this little beauty?

Ok, so I think it might be a candle holder. But I'm not sure. What do you think? Whatever it is, I think it is beautiful and quite unique. A dear friend of mine gave it to me as a hostess gift the other night. I didn't dare ask her what it was. I thought I'd get creative with it. I didn't want to use it as a candle holder. So I thought, and I thunk....and I came up with this........


TADA! Isn't she a beaut? I had some yummy white berry garland that I got at Dollar Tree a while back. I never found a use for it, so I pulled it out of the drawer, and just stuffed it all in that glass pumpkin, tied a nice fluffy bow on top...and there you have it! Wow, that was quite the run-on sentence I just wrote. Sorry about that.

And here is my buffet all dolled up for Thanksgiving. I finally got around to taking all my halloween stuff down. Didn't quite get it all put away...it's all piled up on my kitchen table. But you really didn't need to know all that...soooooo. What do you think? What would you have done with the cute glass pumpkin? I love to hear all the different ways we get our decorating on! Do tell!

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

I Love it! I will admitt that at first I thought you had stuffed it with popcorn, haha yes Im a dork. I love it all. Please come decorate my house.

Lindsay said...

P.S. After thinking here are my ideas. What about clear lights, the kind that have white rope? It would give it some light and blend in with the white berry garland. A few pomogranits might look good, that is if they would fit.

Pretty Organizer said...

Saw you comment on my blog and wanted to say hello! What a great blog. You have fabulous ideas and I want to get my hands on a glass pumpkin... very Cinderella'ish'

We have the same taste... I slapped that same black and white paisley craft paper all over a dresser of mine that holds my kids building toys. Keep up the good work. I'll be coming back!

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

Confession - I also thought it was popcorn. But the garland does look super cute and I am with you in not really knowing its "official" purpose. It is darling though. I love the bow you used!

Saucy said...

Oh, that is a cute thing, and yes, I also thought it was popcorn (popcorn balls dipped in white chocolate, have you ever done that?) mmmmm. Gorgeous buffet.

Unknown said...

Your blocks are so cute! I love that idea! The bulletin board is so clever and I love love love the frame you made! I just found you over at Just a girl! I have been looking through your old posts. How creative are you!

AndreaLeigh said...

I'm scratching my head because I know I either saw that at Target or Walmart, and it was sitting alone, so no clues on what the intended purpose is. I love what you have done with it, though.

Jen said...

I love your ideas and can't wait to look at more of your blog. I came over here via Just a Girl and I'm glad I did.

I also thought it was popcorn at first. So cute!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Oh crap! Now that the general concensus is that the pumpkin is filled with popcorn, I must change it.

Ok, girls...it's up to you to come up with a fabulous idea for me, since I can't seem to accomplish this one on my own!

Give me some love and a fabulous glass pumpkin filler idea!!!

HEART ~ Amanda

Unknown said...

I'd love to have a buffet at some point. Your is beautiful. You're very creative. Take care

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin