Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mossy Monograms


Sorry I was MIA most of the week. My niece came home from college to get married, have a reception, and a whole other list of whirlwind activities. Her mother, my dear sister, has been hard at work for the last 6 weeks (that's all the notice she had) planning this beautiful event. I would be surprised if she slept much, if at all. She handled the stress and pressure like a dream and I was so impressed with her! I think I would have been a basketcase. I hope she takes a few days to decompress and stays in her pj's the whole time...she deserves it.



One of the many little touches that made the reception so beautiful were these moss covered monograms. My two other sisters, worked on this project and I think it turned out absolutely perfect. My oldest sister started by choosing a lovely font and printed out their initial. She used an overhead projector to trace this onto foam core board and then cut it out. Then my other sister painstakingly hot glued reindeer moss onto the initial. I'm pretty sure she has no finger prints left, just in case she wanted to commit a crime...I think she's good to go! A small price to pay for beauty, right?


This is what the foam board looked like when cut out. It had some rough edges, but once completely covered in the moss, they disappeared and it looked absolutely perfect.


I forgot to take a picture of the cake before they cut it, so this shot will have to do. You can see the corner of it, with some of the detail and the beautiful green color. It sat on this gorgeous square silver cake stand and it was amazing. As was her bouquet, and the dress. Oh...I would give my right arm for her cute little body!



The happy couple.
Are they not the cutest thing ever???



Oh, to be young and madly in love.


Congrats Hannah and Dalaney!!!


Love you ~ Manda



21 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Beautiful couple! Love those monograms. :) Is it wrong that I also noticed the bag of Ghiradelli chocolates behind the "M" in the one photo? ;)

Patricia said...

how beautiful!
i love the monogram and thanks for letting us know how it was made!
the wedding looked like a wonderful time and the cake look awesome!
many blessings to the new couple!!

Kristina P. said...

What a gorgeous couple! Love the monogram.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, I love even a corner shot of the cake! Glad to see you back girl, I was getting worried. :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome idea with those MOSS Monograms...soooo PRETTY!!! It looks like we will be having a wedding coming up soon here at COASTAL CHARM....so I will keep this idea in the book! Hope you have a FUN and WARM week!

Blessings,
Linda

Dear Lillie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the monogram idea! I hope you don't mind if I steal it to make a few for my house...if I ever have time! The couple looks beautiful and oh so happy! Congrats!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So so cute!! I am glad the reception went well. Beautiful pictures!!!

XOOX
Jen

Cap Creations said...

Love that moss m!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

6 weeks! That is short notice! She got a fabulous dress, cake and all on such short notice, too. Love the mossy monograms; I think I could actually do that. Congrats to all!

Mrs. Limestone said...

Oh I love this.

Ive never cut foam board before - how did she do it so that it was so clean?

All Things Cherish said...

You must be reading my mind lately w. shower ideas. You showed me how to make the monogram cupcake tower and now the monogrammed letters. Thank you, you're saving me lots of time! : )

Anonymous said...

those monograms are nice! i likey!

Nocona said...

You and your sister's are so creative. You all inspire me. What a pretty cake.

Angie Holden said...

Loving the monogram! It is on my to do list for sure!

geek details said...

It all looks just lovely. Your sister did a fantastic job!

Robyn said...

what a cute monogram idea!
robyn
mysoutherncottage.com

megan said...

CUTE! I should do that! My friend is getting married in March and her colors are pink and green. FUN!
=)
Always lovin your ideas
-Megan

Nancy said...

Who ever thought of those monograms? Lovely. Put on a wedding in six weeks? Insane!

Tausha said...

I LOVE THE MONOGRAM!
I have been obsessed with monograms lately! I think that i might just have to make one of these!

Mandi Shandi said...

Hey friend! I hope you had a great Christmas with your family. I am just starting to get back to blogging and wanted to stop by. The monogram is beautiful and the couple is too!

Sunny said...

Gorgeous! I just love weddings!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin