Monday, March 8, 2010

Cute Shirts and FlowersThat Smell Like Poo




So I finally got around to doing something with those fabric letters I cut out with my cricut. Nothing groundbreaking here...just some simple appliques. I'm a newbie...this was my first time attempting to applique. It was so fun and easy to do and I am completely hooked. I still need to stitch around the letters and flower, but I might need some sewing help with that one. I'm pretty pathetic when it comes to the old machine. The fabric I used just so happens to match this skirt I got at a consignment sale last week perfectly! I love happy little accidents like that, don't you?




It made such a precious outfit and I had a perfectly adorable model....I just couldn't help taking a bazillion pictures of them!


Our impromptu photo shoot started out innocently enough. It was all cupcakes and roses, until...........




All of a sudden it wasn't anymore!




My little spitfire cutie was done for.






And who could really blame her. She just wanted to dance and spin in her twirly new skirt!





And smell the beautiful spring flowers. You'd never guess by looking at this sweet picture that right at that moment she was telling me the paper whites smelled like...poo.





This kid definitely has a her own way of doing things. She lives her life to the fullest and darn it...you better not get in her way.She is full of personality and spunk and humor and our family would be so incomplete without her......high maintenance drama and all! She makes me crazy and so fulfilled all at the same time. Is that weird?Regardless, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!




I had an extra $1 tee shirt from old Navy and some fabric scraps, and I couldn't help myself from making another one! I was thinking about putting her initial in the center or maybe a button. But I also like the simplicity of this swirl right in the middle of the big flower. It reminds me of a giant lollipop. What kid wouldn't want a ginormous lollipop on their shirt, right?

Absolutely!




20 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! I'm addicting to appliques too as well (an addicted to my sizzix machine)! I just introduced appliques into my etsy shop ... you can see them at my blog if you want to take a peak! I had to giggle at the "poo" smelling flowers!

Summer Rae said...

Cute shirt! I tried to use my cricut to cut fabric and it didn't work. Any pointers?

Ms_Pea said...

I literally LOLed at the "poo" flowers...because of my own similar story. My mom always grows paperwhites for Christmas. My (40-year-old) brother came over and was scrunching his nose and asked what the awful smell was. My mom pointed to the flowers and said, "paperwhites." His response? (keep in mind his age!): "More like POOPERwhites!!"

So in our household they will always be known as pooperwhites

:-)

Heather L. said...

The shirts are adorable! And your model is just too cute. She sounds like my Emily June.

I am wondering how you cut your fabric w/the Cricut? My mom has one but she's so posessive of it LOL - I think she'd be afraid it would dull the blade. Can you share how you did it? Just stick it on the sticky mat? I might need to try that!!! Thanks for the inspiration =)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

She is precious!! She has the cutest little haircut. :)

Forgive my ignorance, but how did you attach the pretty stuff to the shirts? I don't think I'm skilled enough to sew around letters, but I might be able to figure out the lollipop.

Go for the button in the center...would be so cute!!

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

SO stinking cute!!! I love the outfits but I love the expressions more on her face!

More than a Mom said...

How cute! I was just talking yesterday about how awesome it would be to learn how to applique things on kids' clothing. Trying to figure out my sewing machine on that one still. :)

All Things Cherish said...

Wow those shirts are so cute, I so need a Cricut! Your daughter is darling!

Anonymous said...

that is such a cute idea! love it. thanks for sharing!

Kristina P. said...

What a great idea! And she is adorable.

Sonnie said...

Oh my gosh, how CUTE is she!! Love her expressions!

Melissa said...

I don't know if you follow Elizabeth Kartchner or not, but watch this video, http://studio5.ksl.com/?sid=5973892&nid=58, its the same idea just adds a little more to the fabric. Let me know what you think? I am going to try them sometime, soon!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I busted up reading the title of your post. How funny and random! Adorable shirt too! I love how it turned out. I wondered what you were going to do with the fabric letters. And oh my, your daughter is so cute! What a sweetie!

Ocean said...

So cute!!! Love the shirts!!!
FYI, I gave you an award on my blog. Check it out. :)

Richella Parham said...

Oh my gosh Amanda--isn't she just adorable? What a cutie pie. How did you ever live without her??

Love the appliques!

Shelley in SC said...

Oh my word . . . she's adorable!! Love the outfit . . . so fun!

Tausha said...

super cute. I have never tried applique-I figure it can wait until I have nothing else to do cause pretty sure I will love it and then start appliqueing everything and anything.

Nat Lud said...

Found your blog just jumping from other blogs and I LOVE IT! You are so creative. Is it ok if I post a link to it on my blog? ludletters.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Breeana said...

Very cute! And yes I understand what you mean when you say your daughter fulfills you despite the high-maintenance"ness"! :) I have a precious little boy that I have the same feelings for. :)

Patricia said...

On the paperwhites...years ago, when i was a new housewife in our first house, Martha Stewart convinced me that forcing paperwhites was a wonderful thing to do for springtime...my husband was not a fan of the smell, and neither was i...they do smell pretty bad. ;) so now if i even mention forcing bulbs he is like "not PAPERWHITES?!?!?!?" lol

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin